How does Talent Education differ from other methods of teaching music to children?
- Emphasis on the primary role of the parent in guiding and motivating their student.
- Centrality of the group class experience.
- The development of reading skills, ryhthmic skills and theoretical skills on a separate track from repertoire.
What age can my child begin lessons?
Thoughtful teachers have often used some of the elements listed here, but Suzuki has formulated them in a cohesive approach. Some basic differences are:
- Suzuki teachers believe that musical ability can be developed in all children.
- Students begin at young ages.
- Parents play an active role in the learning process.
- Children become comfortable with the instrument before learning to read music.
- Technique is taught in the context of pieces rather than through dry technical exercises.
- Pieces are refined through constant review.
- Students perform frequently, individually and in groups.
What does it cost?
- 30 minute lesson: $40
- 45 minute lesson: $60
- 60 minute lesson: $80
When is tuition due?
- At or before the beginning of each month.
Frequently Asked Questions